Monday, June 22, 2009

HELP WANTED: SCANNING & PRESERVING FANZINES

As mentioned previously, I used to publish a music fanzine in the 1990s, and stupid me, I sold or gave away every copy of most of the issues until I only had one of each left (SUPERDOPE #1-4 and #7 – one copy!). I want to scan them and put them online for easy reading. I’ve noticed in a bit of searching that hundreds of old science fiction ‘zines are scanned and very easily accessible, but I have no idea how to upload them to host so they open with one click and can be read like a magazine. Like this one. If anyone knows how to do that and where to go, I’d be eternally grateful. Contact me at the link to the right.

3 comments:

1009 said...

If you use a mac this is quite easy to do with Preview. Or it should be anyhow. If you want to send me individual pdfs I could something together.

Slobodan Burgher said...

Have you seen our archive at www.punksishippies.com?

Mike fromTO said...

If you have Adobe Acrobat (not just the reader) you can stitch a bunch of pdfs together into one document. The first step would be to scan the pages one by one and save each as a separate pdf.

Excellent excellent blog, by the way.