Monday, March 03, 2008

DON'T MISBEHAVE IN THE NEW AGE

There are few moments that compare to hearing a song from your misbegotten youth again after twenty years - well come to think of it, there are plenty of moments that beat it hands down, but I know I was pretty excited to hear this track again seven years ago after not hearing it since I was a wee small man of 15. ANIMALS & MEN's "Don't Misbehave In The New Age" is a lost, recently recovered slice of ramshackle, garagy UK DIY chug from 1980 with a scoop of "the new wave" on top. I totally dug this song for years when it would get played on college radio, and yet I never got the name of the band in the back-announce. I got Siouxsie, I got Bauhaus, I got Simple Minds - but Animals & Men I totally missed. Totally forgot about it, too, until it came out on an early "MESSTHETICS" compilation at the dawn of this century. Here's something I wrote about the band earlier. And right below you is their proverbial coup de grace.

Play or Download ANIMALS & MEN - "Don't Misbehave In The New Age" (from 1980 45)

No comments: