Tuesday, February 06, 2007

SHIT-FI DOT COM

I’ve only had a second or two to look over this new website called SHIT-FI.COM, but they’ve captured a slice of the microscenia zeitgeist that warms the cockles of my heart. That is – off-putting, poorly-recorded accidents of history that in themselves became influential musical masterpieces. Think MIKE REP & THE QUOTAS, the ELECTRIC EELS, the first GERMS single. I think it’s important to read both their manifesto and their shit list of worthy recordings, many of which I’d count among the greatest sounds of all time. And as you can see on their home page, they have a very classy logo. Hear hear!

1 comment:

Sonictroubadour said...

Cool reference to a cool site. Their manifesto is right on!

Gotta wonder, however, what that Vulcan record (farty old psych) is doing in there with all that classic lo-fi punk. That just jumps out at me like, "which one of these is not like the others?".